[Ntop-dev] Announcing n2n-v2 beta
bflatmaj7th at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 13:27:18 CET 2009
Sorry for the long wait. Now you can all try n2n version 2.
Info on new features and getting started is at
The source code is available via subversion at
svn co https://svn.ntop.org/svn/ntop/branches/n2n_v2
Source and binary package snapshots for some platforms can be found at
If your platform isn't listed please build n2n_v2 and shared the
package. I can add it to the site.
n2n_v2 already works for linux and OS-X. Windows is untested.
Many of you have helped in the past. Thanks to all of you.
Here's some thing you can do right now to help:
* Report success. This is important to encourage more users to try
the software and helps us make stable releases.
* Windows builds : Need help with this.
* Bug fixes. We know it won't be perfect straight away. Let's fix it.
* Bug reports. If something *looks* broken but you aren't sure what
to do, then report the problem.
* Interoperability testing. n2n-v2 tries to interoperate across many
CPU types and operating systems. We need people to test different
* Features. Several useful patches never got applied to n2n-v1
because of my focus on n2n_v2. Sorry. Please respin your patches for
More information about the Ntop-dev